The Keystone Exams and Final Exams are quickly approaching. Keystone Exams provide our students the opportunity to display their knowledge in the areas of Algebra 1, Biology, and Literature. Rest assured, our teachers have been working diligently to provide the very best instruction for your child. The following reminders pertain to the upcoming Keystone Exams.
Keystone Exam Schedule:
- January 07, 2019 – Multiples / Retakes (Module 1)
- January 08, 2019 – Multiples / Retakes (Module 2)
- January 10, 2019 – Biology / Literature (Module 1) | Modified Schedule
- January 11, 2019 – Biology / Literature (Module 2) | Modified Schedule
- January 14, 2019 – Makeups
- January 15, 2019 – Makeups
Due to the rigorous nature of the Keystone Exams, we will operate on a modified schedule on January 10th and 11th. Please note the following expectations:
- Students taking Keystone Exams are expected to arrive at school at the normal time.
- Students in Grades 9 and 10 are expected to arrive at school at the normal time even if they are not testing.
- We will have new Career Readiness activities for these students to complete during the modified schedule.
- Students in Grades 11 and 12 who are not participating in the Keystone Exams will be permitted to take advantage of our late arrival incentive by arriving at 10:40 AM on January 10th and 11th, as we will be operating on a modified schedule.
- Please note that if your child wants to participate in this late arrival incentive, he or she will have to attain their own transportation as the bus schedule will not be modified. Any 11th or 12th grade students who are not testing and choose to arrive at the normal time will have a quiet study hall in their respective homeroom during the modified schedule.
Please note, last year, several non-testing students departed our busses and walk across the street to Yoder’s. This has caused problems for the school in the past. If 11th and 12th graders do not intend to have a quiet study hall please take advantage of the late-arrival incentive.
Final Exam Schedule:
Please note that Final Exams will occur on the following dates:
- January 16, 2019 (Early Dismissal Schedule – 11:15 AM – HS ONLY)
- Block 1
- Block 2
- January 17, 2019 (Early Dismissal Schedule – 11:15 AM – District-Wide)
- Block 3
- Block 4
We will operate on an early dismissal schedule each day of Final Exams. Students will be dismissed at 11:15 AM both days. AM CTC students need not attend school on January 16, 2019. PM CTC students need not attend school on January 17, 2019. These will be marked as legally excused days for our AM/PM CTC students. Full-day CTC students will attend school as normal.
Please note that our transportation department will operate on a normal schedule on January 16, 2019. No transportation will be provided for students at the time of our early dismissal on January 16th (11:15 AM), as this is a High School only Early Dismissal. Students have the option to stay at school. Students who remain on January 16th will eat lunch in the cafeteria. They will then return to their respective homerooms until regular dismissal at 2:32 PM. Thanks for your time and continued support of Garden Spot High School.