In-Person Remote Learning Information
Option 2- In-Person Remote Learning
Last Updated 11/7/20 - new marked red
- Updated ELANCO In-Person Remote Learner Attendance Policy - beginning 11/16/2020
- August 31, 2020 - Learners should log into the first block/HR class via Canvas by 7:30 am. Once present, learners will be given further directions by their classroom teacher.
- August 31-September 3, 2020 - GSHS will be running an extended homeroom bell schedule.
- All remote learners are encouraged to complete the passport to canvas course over the first few days to familiarize themselves with how to use and navigate the learning management system. This course is located within the Spartan Learning Portal (Canvas).
- If you have not picked up your computer, please call the technology hotline (717.354.1599). Once you confirm pick up date/time you will be able to pick up the device in the high school lobby.
- Updated ELANCO In Person Remote Learner Attendance Policy - beginning 11/16/2020
- Teachers are to submit names of any learner not present during live synchronous times (each block) to the high school office. If you do not attend your live synchronous classes, you will be marked as absent from school, based upon the number of classes you did not attend. (2 blocks = ½ day absence; 3+ blocks = 1 day absence)
- If you are not able to attend classes you are required to submit an excuse note (with parent signature) within 3 school days to Dawn Reich in the Attendance Office (email@example.com). Failure to do so will result in an illegal absence.
In-Person Remote Learning Orientation (8/28/2020)
- It is important to keep a copy of the bell schedule to refer to each day.
- For more information about weekly meal pick up, and to sign up for meals, please visit the Food Services page.
Materials Pick Up
- Individual classroom teachers may request that learners/families pick up physical materials for their class (i.e. art supplies, etc.). If this is the case, teachers will communicate with learners in class when their materials will be ready to be picked up. Pick up location will be located in the high school lobby.
Student Information Update
- Please complete your annual student information update.
- Phone: 717.354.1599
- Hours: 7:30am-4pm (M-F)
- School Counselors
- Click here on how to sign up for text/email announcements.
- Log-in to Canvas.
- Click on the Zoom_Meetings link to the left (see example below).
- Click on the appropriate event and join your In-Person Remote class (see example below).
- For further details explaining how to join a Zoom meeting, please review the In-Person Remote Learning orientation recording at the 41-minute mark.